- SEP8-11View Event Details
The Concours d’Elegance of Chicago is an new annual world-class event set downtown on the Chicago lakefront of the great city of Chicago.
The Concours d’Elegance of Chicago is an invitational exhibition of the world’s finest vehicles from the last 130 years. During the weekend-long event, nearly 200 classic vehicles, many worth millions of dollars, are judged for awards by top worldwide judges. Numerous prominent collectors, including notables like Ralph Lauren, Jay Leno, David Letterman and Jerry Seinfeld attend these luxury events and bring the cachet of some of the world’s wealthiest individuals.
CONCOURS SERIES OF EVENTS 2015 – 2016
The Concours Series are smaller events throughout the year focused on automobile history, design and technology. This is the only Concours that presents a year-long series of events adding considerable value for our sponsors.
THE INAUGURAL CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE OF CHICAGO
The inaugural Concours d’Elegance of Chicago is planned for June 3-5, 2016 on the spectacular Northerly Island on the city’s Museum Campus. The cars will be displayed ina beautiful lakeside setting on the island, accompanied by corporate VIP tents, vendor booths, car clubs, sponsors and various concession tents.
HONORARY CHAIRMAN: To be announced
LEGENDS & LEGACIES, A NON-PROFIT FOUNDATION
The mission of the Legends & Legacies Foundation—a non-profit 501(c)(3) founded in 2013—is to raise funds for local charities and non-profit organizations through a continuing series of events in the Chicago area celebrating the history, art and design of the automobile. The Foundation Board includes leaders of the Chicago business, art and automotive communities.
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITITES
Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana (RMHC®-CNI) is an independent not-for-profit who cares for families of children with complex medical needs by providing a ‘home away from home’ while their child is being treated in the hospital. 40,000 nights filled with care , comfort and compassion are provided each year at our 5 Ronald McDonald Houses and 3 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms so that families are able to stay close to their child, helping them to heal faster.
The Concours d’Elegance of Chicago has eight unique advantages:
1. We are the only Concours set in a major city, taking advantage of all Chicago’s vasr resources.
2. We are the only Concours that presents a year-long series of events, adding considerable value for our sponsors.
3. We are a major cultural event focusing on education and outreach.
4. We are the only Concours with a Concert/Gala.
5. We plan to raise the considerable contributions for Children’s health care with our major charities.
6. Our striking Chicago location on Northerly Island, with the City skyline and Lake Michigan as backdrop.
7. Northerly Island was the site of the 1933 Century of Progress Exhibition, where significant cars were introduced.
8. We are positioned to become the major Concours event in the Midwest, drawing particpants and visitors internationally.